Greenline Group has two Spray Dryer Pilot Plants and one small scale production plant that allow our customers to test the individual and unique properties of each product being processed on a manageable scale, prior to moving to our full-scale production facilities.
Pilot Plant Spray Dryers
Greenline Pilot Plant Spray Dryer provides:
- The collection of extensive scientific data regarding the drying process
- Production of the first samples of actual dried products
- Collection of valuable information before scaling up production with a full-scale Spray Dryer and associated costs
- Increased confidence in the process, leading to assurance about potential returns on any investment being made at the customers’ premises
Greenline Pilot Plant Spray Dryer Equipment and Services
- Test facilities located in UK
- Ability to process materials in small scale prior to any move to full-scale plant and large scale processing
- Capability to run small batches on a repeat basis with no requirement for scale up if not required by the customer
- Creation of sample powders, liquids and products for further evaluation by the customer or their onward customers
- Experience in the development of new biological and horticultural products by providing tailor made low volume spray drying services
- Supply of repeatable methodology for future spray drying
- In house laboratory facility for testing powders for a comprehensive range of physical and chemical variables
We provide small scale spray drying facilities for microbial and botanical extracts for use in horticulture.
Greenline Production can work with you to develop a stable powdered product that confirms to your downstream users requirements and crucially maintains biological viability. We spray dry a range of microbial products and can advise on the suitability of this and other methods of dewatering for your particular organism.
While plant and algal extracts are often delivered as liquids to end users, spray drying can also open up other avenues for product developed.
The creation of a fully soluble spray-dried extract powder is useful to:
- Prolong shelf life
- Reduce/remove the need for preservatives. This is especially important for organic certification.
- Reduce transport costs
- Expand your formulation options. E.g. Powder blending, or increasing the concentration of a liquid concentrate.
Greenline Production have a long history of successfully spray drying seaweed extracts to produce stable, fully soluble, free-flowing powders. This includes extracts produced by alkaline hydrolysis, heat extraction, and cold-pressing. Each extraction process creates a liquid with a unique set of challenges for spray drying, and we have built up a set of protocols that can be used as a starting point for similar products.
For more information please contact us.